[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19104] Re: No agreement between the LR and RT absorption spectra

Natalia K natalja.lipina at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 13:45:57 UTC 2023

Dear Beliz,

thank you for your answer. As I said, I tried changing many different
parameters in TDA-CP2K. For instance, MT Poisson solver changes the
spectrum by a tiny bit, as does the TZP basis set. The parameter change
affects more the higher frequency and not the low frequencies. The XC
functional does affect a lot the results, but still, the difference remains
huge when comparing to RTP+Fourier transform (the latter agrees with the
literature, so I trust it) with the same parameters.

I do not perform Gaussian calculations myself, I just compare with the
literature that employs Gaussian, so I cannot check the TD vs TDA.

(Just a side note that with SIESTA, I do get agreement between the linear
response and real-time propagation with delta kick for the absorption
spectra of the same system. So, is it the Tamm Dankoff approximation that
does something weird??)

Natalia