[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19106] Problem with CP2K running AIMD

Tieyuan Bian biantieyuan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:13:37 UTC 2023

Dear cp2k users,

I have met serious problem with cp2k running AIMD. I complied CP2K 2023.1
with gcc.9.3.0 and intelmpi. First, I ran the test1.inp file and found that
after 20 electronic steps, the computation time suddenly increased for each
step, and the time became increasingly longer, making it impossible to
proceed. However, this problem did not occur on the supercomputer cluster.
I have attached the output file, cp2k1.out, to this email.

Afterwards, I set export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1 and export
TF_INTRA_OP_PARALLELISM=0, and ran the same input file, cp2k2.out, starting
from one electronic step. However, the computation time dramatically
increased. I suspect it's a problem with my computer, but I can't find any
solutions. Can the developers of CP2K help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Tieyuan BIAN