[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19103] Re: No agreement between the LR and RT absorption spectra

Beliz Sertcan belizsertcan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:43:45 UTC 2023

Hello Natalia,

Regarding the mismatch between CP2K and Gaussian TDDFT results, once should
use the TDA keyword in Gaussian instead of TD to get an exact match as CP2K
employs the Tamm-Dancoff approximation. Furthermore, I would highly
recommend turning on the Poisson section and setting the solver to MT
instead of analytical.

    &POISSON

       PERIODIC NONE

       POISSON_SOLVER MT

    &END

Since you are working with a heavy element I would also consider using a
bigger basis such as TZVP maybe even TZV2P. With these additions I think
you will be able to match the RTP spectrum better, but I would not expect a
perfect match. In my opinion what you have with the positions of the sticks
is not so bad.

Best,
Beliz