[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11276] Re: SCF convergence criterion options

Matthew Okenyi matthew... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:41:20 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your advice. I have been comparing the convergence of the
orbital transformation and diagonalization (is this what you meant by
'TD'?) methods, and found that for the same value of EPS_SCF=1.0e-7 the
final change in energy at convergence is around 100 times smaller for OT
than for TD (I have attached a plot of dE0 vs iteration). I think this
suggests the opposite behaviour to what you've just described! Are there
any circumstances where one might expect this? I used the CG minimizer with
the FULL_KINETIC preconditioner and ENERGY_GAP parameter of 5.0e-4 a.u for
OT and Broyden mixing with ALPHA = 0.4, NBUFFER = 8 for TD.

Best wishes,
Matthew