Can CP2K fixed part of atoms when perform CI-NEB?

J. Ye jingyu... at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 06:01:18 UTC 2016

 Hi Fabio,

I indeed included both "ALIGN_FRAMES FALSE" and "ROTATE_FRAMES FALSE" in my
input(Please see the attachment). But I still found the atoms moves. The
methods we use are different. I don't know how does this affect the fixed
atoms. Do you have any idea?

I have tested your input. Atom 1 and 3 indeed do not move. I also tried to
switch TI-NEB to CI-NEB, the atoms are not move. So this should not be
affected by BAND_TYPE.

Can any expert of CP2K give us some hints on this problem?

Thanks very much!
Best,

J. Ye