Can CP2K fixed part of atoms when perform CI-NEB?

elbu... at gmail.com elbu... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 20:02:04 UTC 2016

Hello J. Ye!

Yes, I have checked. If you use only the constraint flag, indeed the fixed
atoms move for the other images. But if you include both "ALIGN_FRAMES
FALSE" and "ROTATE_FRAMES FALSE" flags in the BAND section, that does not
happen anymore, at least in the calculations I have performed so far. Check
for example the NEB input attached to this e-mail. It is very simple and it
runs very fast (it has no meaning, it is just an example), but you can
check that atoms 1 and 3, that are asked to be fixed, do not move for all
NEB images. Let me know if you get the same behavior as me!

All the best!