Can CP2K fixed part of atoms when perform CI-NEB?

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Tue Nov 8 08:12:42 UTC 2016

Hi

do you have any special reason to use the OPT_TYPE MD? Otherwise I suggest
to try the default OPT_TYPE DIIS which should be much more efficient.
Moreover, if you want to fix some atoms only because of the computational
cost caused by the large size of your system then there will be most likely
not much benefit doing so, because the forces for all atoms are calculated
anyway and then set to zero for the fixed atoms afterwards. You should
rather check if fixing atoms is really needed as a boundary for a realistic
modelling of the reaction you are interested in.

Best regards

Matthias