Metadynamics Questions: COLVARs yielding unexpected values.

Christopher O'Brien cjobr... at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:23:48 UTC 2015

Thanks so much for your response. I found my mistake in the input. I
wrongly assumed that the atoms were numbered from 0, not 1. This should be
expected as CP2K is written in FORTRAN, not C or Python.

Regarding restarting:
I am unsure of exactly what happens during a restart. By restart, I
actually mean continuing the simulation from the last MD step, if I decide
that I want more.
If I need to add:
&EXT_RESTART
  RESTART_METADYNAMICS
&END EXT_RESTART
Do I need to include RESTART_POS, RESTART_VEL in the &EXT_RESTART section?
Would I also need to modify the SCF_GUESS (&DFT/&SCF/SCF_GUESS RESTART)?

If I leave the input the same, and simply launch CP2K with the read_restart
option, will it simply run the same simulation again, starting from the
last step or will it say the simulation is over because it completed all of
the requested MD steps?

Thanks again!