Metadynamics Questions: COLVARs yielding unexpected values.

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:35:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

First, it's in a.u, so bohr radius (0.53 to get Å)

First CV1 ranges from 4 to 5.5 Å
CV2 ranges from 1.7 to 3.1 Å

What do you mean by "should be" ?
It's the value form your input (the CV1 start at 1.7Å) or the one you want
(at CV1 = 1.7Å my reaction is "finished") ?

If it's the first case, that's wierd.

If it's the second  either you started from 4Å and it's easier to explore
longer distance (so you'll have to put a wall to force the exploration to
go the other way), if you've started from 5.5Å, you can restart.

For the CN, for a *very simple *example you ideally go for 0 (nothing) to 1
(you put one atom near the other)

Metadynamics can be restarted: either without new hills, or with new hills
(the same, like 1e-3/15 steps or you can change), but if i'm correct you
cannot add new colvar.
Restarting is the same as a standard MD (and with RESTART_METADYNAMICS)