Metadynamics Questions: COLVARs yielding unexpected values.

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:51:17 UTC 2015

Glad you found your mistake

For restarting the number of steps is the number of steps the program will
do (if you say 10 steps, it will do 10 steps from 1 to 10, if you say 10
steps starting from a restart at step 10, it will do ten from 11 to 20)

When I ran a meta of 10000 steps, adding hills and I need 10000 steps more:
I write the same input (Meta QM/MM, but i'll think it's basically the same
for MM or QM)

removing/commenting the COORD_FILE_FORMAT/ COORD_FILE_NAME section in
&SUBSYS/&TOPOLOGY
adding the SCF_GUESS (&DFT/&SCF/SCF_GUESS RESTART) reading the last wfn
(the 10000th one)
adding

EXT_RESTART
 RESTART_FILE_NAME  name of the last restart (10000th)
 RESTART_DEFAULT FALSE
 RESTART_COUNTERS          TRUE   (-> so the 1st steps for the 2nd meta
will be 10001 and other counters (time, nb of hills)
 RESTART_AVERAGES          TRUE (-> to keep track of the averages)
 RESTART_POS                      TRUE
 RESTART_VEL                       TRUE
 RESTART_METADYNAMICS TRUE
 RESTART_RANDOMG           TRUE (-> i think is to keep the same seed)

 (RESTART_THERMOSTAT TRUE if needed)
 (RESTART_QMMM TRUE if needed)
 (RESTART_CELL TRUE if your cell changes)
 (RESTART_WALKERS TRUE if needed)

Also you can use the restart file to restart directly the calculation if
you're not changing anything : the restart file is basically a CP2K input
file but I never tried.