[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20270] Center of mass drinfting even using COMVEL_TOL 0

pablo_francisco IBANEZ IBANEZ pabloi at go.ugr.es
Tue Jun 4 09:14:11 UTC 2024

Dear all,

I am performing some simulations using water and a carbon structure. The
carbon structure is supposed to be fixed (FIXED_ATOMS). However, when I
include command  COMVEL_TOL 0, the carbon structure is not fixed, it
vibrates or even drifts. Also, center of mass is not fix and it drifts in
opposite direction to carbon structure.

My guess is that cp2k is considering the center of mass of the whole
system, so maybe center of mass of the whole system keeps 0. I don't know
how to make COMVEL_TOL 0 to work only on water molecules. I don't know why
the carbon atoms that are fixed are able to move.

Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks in advance.