[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20270] Drift even using COMVEL_TOL 0

pablo_francisco IBANEZ IBANEZ pabloi at go.ugr.es
Tue Jun 4 09:31:44 UTC 2024

Dear all,

I am performing some simulations with water and a carbon structure that is
fixed in XYZ using FIXED_ATOMS. The water drifts in one direction, to avoid
that I added COMVEL_TOL 0. However the problem is not solved, now the water
still drifts but, in addition, the carbon structure drifts in opposite
direction. This is quite weird as the carbons are supposed to be fixed.
I guess that maybe the problem is that COMVEL_TOL 0 is applied to all
system, so center of mass velocity keeps 0 due to the drift of carbon
structure in opposite direction which is a problem as carbon should keep
fixed.

Do you know how to fix this? Do you know hoe to apply COMVEL_TOL 0 only to
water atoms?
Thanks in advance.