[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19769] Re: NPT metadynamics?

André Borrfors andre.borrfors at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:46:27 UTC 2024

Hi Karl!

If you have no experience whatsoever with running MD simulations, maybe the
easiest way would be a collaboration with someone knowledgeable within this
area.

To answer your first question, there is a good tutorial
<https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2015_cecam_tutorial:mtd1> online for
running Metadynamics within cp2k.
It is also possible and efficient to run normal MD to obtain
an equilibrized trajectory from which good initial structures of your
system can be sampled. Producing a quality MD trajectory is not entirely
trivial, especially if the system is large and complex. There are many
resources and books on this topic, however. A resource which is popular
within our group is the "Understanding Molecular Simulations" by Daan
Frankel & Berend Smit.

Off-topic note: Thank you for all your work on cross section computations
at NIST! I have had great use of your results for the past few years. :)

Best,
André