[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17684] Question about ACID_HYDRONIUM_DISTANCE collective variable

Nam Tran trannamphys at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:19:39 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question about the ACID_HYDRONIUM_DISTANCE which is
implemented from the publication (J. Am. Chem. Soc.,128, 2006, 11318.).
/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/COLVAR/ACID_HYDRONIUM_DISTANCE
I have checked the equation in the publication. And it seems to me that it
can be used to calculate the distance from the Hydronium to any atom of
choice not just Oxygen of acid molecule. So I can change the OXYGENS_ACID
to an atom index of any type and calculate the distance to this specific
atom?

Best regards
Nam