[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17685] Unphysical structure upon optimisation with SCAN and RVV10

'Miriam Jasmin Pougin' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Thu Sep 15 08:21:39 UTC 2022

Dear all,
I performed a Cell-Optimization of an experimental Metal-Organic Framework.
Using PBE and GrimmeD3 dispersion functional, I got an optimized cif, where
the XRD pattern agrees well with experiments and the structure looks fine.
I wanted to do a systematic studies to test different functionals. When I
optimised the structure using the SCAN and RVV10 functional, the resulting
system seems to be under a lot of strain and the diffraction pattern
doesn't agree with the experiments anymore. I attach my input, output and
cif for the scan run and the optimised structure with the PBE functional.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong here/what tests I can perform?
I was thinking it might be a problem with my SCF, so doing a convergence
test or maybe a test in the basis or grid.
Thank you!