[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17166] Re: COM Drift in Droplet Thermolysis

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:15:30 UTC 2022

Dear Daniel

The COM velocity is a constant of motion, if this is not the case there is
a problem with the integration of the equations of motion.
Without more information it is difficult to guess. For instance, are you
sure that the SCF is sufficiently converged, that the time step is adequate
at the temperature you are simulating, that the box is large enough, that
the simulation is correctly restarted ...?
Why is PBC-POISSON used for a droplet? For ionic liquid the electrostatics
might create issues, I suppose.

Regard
Marcella