[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17083] Re: graph.popt tool for metadynamics

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:46:00 UTC 2022

Dear Laura,

Difficult to guess what is going wrong with graph.popt. Maybe there is some
normalisation factor that is wrongly set for the calculation of a
multi-dimensional FES.
Maybe more information would help.
The python script you are indicating, though, it is not generating a FES
from a metadynamics  potential. It builds a probability histogram from a
standard molecular dynamics sampling.
This cannot be directly applied to an enhanced sampling, because you are
not taking into account the bias potential in collecting the probability
distribution.

Regards
Marcella