[CP2K-user] [CP2K:17078] graph.popt tool for metadynamics

Laura Bonometti laura.bonometti at edu.unito.it
Fri Jun 3 16:51:16 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!
I am using CP2K for running metadynamics simulations. I used the graph.popt
tool for obtaining the free energy of my system, but actually I can't
understand how it is calculated. I read that the final energy results are
in hartree but if I convert them in eV they do not make any sense in terms
of order of magnitude, even if the obtained curve is in agreement with what
I expected. I know that the free energy should be calculated considering
the probability distribution of the CVs but if I try to reconstruct the
curve in this way, I don't obtain the same results obtained by exploiting
the graph.popt tool. I also tried to use the python script found at
https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2021_uzh_acpc2:ex03 and the range of free
energy is reasonable in this case, but completely different respect to what
obtained by using graph.popt, so I think that I'm not understanding what is
printed by this program.
Can you help me to solve this question?

Kind regards,
Laura

--

Indirizzo istituzionale di posta elettronica
degli studenti e dei laureati dell'Università degli Studi di TorinoOfficial
University of Turin email address for students and graduates