[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18188] Wannier centers - post-processing AIMD equilibrium trajectories

Emma Rossi emma.rossi.1 at studenti.unipd.it
Tue Dec 13 14:06:17 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I writing since I would simulate the IR spectrum of my system using
equilibrium trajectories obtained through ab initio molecular dynamics. I
need the transition dipole moment to get the correct intensities of peaks.

I was wondering if there is a post-processing procedure to compute Wannier
centers with CP2K using my ab initio trajectory. I've found only tutorials
to print Wannier centers on-the-fly during the simulation.

If this is not possible, are there different strategies to extract dipole
information from AIMD trajectories without performing again the simulations?

I would be very grateful if you could help me.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Emma Rossi