[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18192] Re: Wannier centers - post-processing AIMD equilibrium trajectories

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 07:16:16 UTC 2022

Dear Emma

For the calculation of the Wannier centres   the localisation of the
molecular orbitals has to be performed on the optimised electronic
structure.
Hence for each configuration for which the WC are needed, also the MOS are
needed, the trajectory is not enough.
If it is enough to have the WC every N MD time step, one possibility would
be to run REFTRAJ on the generated trajectory, with a stride N, where for
each selected configuration a new wave function optimization is performed.
Choosing this option you can select  the settings also differently from
what was used in MD.
Though for the IR spectrum  it is recommended to compute the dipole quite
frequently to resolve properly the high frequencies.

Kind regards
Marcella