[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14903] Re: A question about the occupation number for each Wannier function within the GAPW method

Fangyong Yan fyya... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 06:34:00 UTC 2021

I dont think cp2k uses the smoothed Gaussian function, which is used to
construct the smooth electron density, to construct the Wannier function,
because I doubt the smoothed Gaussian function is the correct wavefunction,
thus, it should not be used.

However, I still want to know whether the Wannier function is orbital
transformed from the correct delocalized Kohn-Sham molecular orbital.

Thanks!

Fangyong