[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14903] Re: A question about the occupation number for each Wannier function within the GAPW method

Fangyong Yan fyya... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 06:06:24 UTC 2021

Dear CP2K developers,

The partition of electron density into three parts in GAPW method, makes me
to ask this question, whether the Wannier function corresponds to the
correct molecular orbital, not the wavefunctions related to the planewave
part, soft part or hard part during the electron density partition. If the
Wannier function corresponds to the correct molecular orbital, then the
electron number is 2 for close-shell. (here I talk about insulators, so no
smearing is used here).

So Wannier function in GAPW has 2 electron each? Thanks!

Fangyong