[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14465] Change arrangement of electrons in POTENTIALS file

Daniele Ongari daniel... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:24:21 UTC 2021

Dear Juerg,
I think you may refer to the keyword
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-5_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND.html#ELEC_CONF
for adjusting the electronic configuration form the input file.
However, I just tested it (e.g., ELEC_CONF 4 6 8) and it is not working:
the program seems to simply skip this information and use the configuration
read from POTENTIALS.
I'm using CP2K 5.1

I wonder if I'm missing something or it is a bug.

Thanks,

Daniele