[CP2K-user] Slow calculating speed of HSE06

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:12:47 UTC 2021

You can't run an 8 atom system without k-points, it doesn't make sense and
you can't run hybrid functionals with k-points at the moment.

Absolute minimum is a 64 atom system (still nowhere near converged). For
the HSE screened exchange, I'd suggest you wil need box dimensions of _at
least_ 1 nm on each side otherwise strange things will happen.

If ADMM is working well the extra cost of going to bigger systems will not
be too big. Plane wave code will be more efficient for the smallest cells,
but CP2K should win out for bigger defect cells.

Matt