[CP2K-user] Geometry optimisation of organic molecule on fcc Au(111) slab

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:29:59 UTC 2020

I think that the cell dimensions in your input are wrong, because they do
not correspond to an integer number of replica of the Au(111) slab.
I also think that your slab cannot be a good model because it has only 2
layers. In may opinion it makes no sense to freeze all slab's atoms.
Moreover charged systems on metals are not well defined with DFT and
periodic boundary conditions, and it is very risky to try this type of
calculations if you are not very sure of what you are doing and how to
interpret the results.
Unless you want to model a Au cluster interacting with a molecule, you need
periodic boundary conditions.

Regards
Marcella