[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13291] How to cite CP2K in a paper

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:35:23 UTC 2020

Dear Leopold,

the new CP2K/Quickstep paper has been just published yesterday
within JCP's „Electronic Structure Software“ Special Topic as:
J. Chem. Phys. 152, 194103 (2020)
https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0007045

Best,
Thomas

> Am 13.05.2020 um 15:42 schrieb Leopold Talirz <leopol... at gmail.com>:
>
> Coming back to this question: There are actually at least two scenarios, in which people might want to cite cp2k:
>
>  * When using CP2K to perform a set of calculations. I understand that in this case you would like users to cite all papers shown in the "REFERENCES" section of the output. This is fine, but given that the list can easily grow to 10 references or more, I think it is good to remind people that you indeed would like all of these papers to be cited.
>  * When mentioning CP2K as part of a list of codes (e.g. codes supported by plugins through AiiDA, open-source QM chemistry codes, ...) where more than one citation per code is not reasonable.
>    What is the suggested way to cite cp2k in this context?
>
> If you let me know your preferences and give me the edit rights, I'll even add it to the FAQ myself... it's such an easy thing to do!

Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter
Chair of Theoretical Chemistry
University of Paderborn