[CP2K-user] How to cite CP2K in a paper

Leopold Talirz leopol... at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:42:19 UTC 2020

Coming back to this question: There are actually at least two scenarios, in
which people might want to cite cp2k:

 * When using CP2K to perform a set of calculations. I understand that in
this case you would like users to cite all papers shown in the "REFERENCES"
section of the output. This is fine, but given that the list can easily
grow to 10 references or more, I think it is good to remind people that you
indeed would like all of these papers to be cited.
 * When mentioning CP2K as part of a list of codes (e.g. codes supported by
plugins through AiiDA, open-source QM chemistry codes, ...) where more than
one citation per code is not reasonable.
   What is the suggested way to cite cp2k in this context?

If you let me know your preferences and give me the edit rights, I'll even
add it to the FAQ myself... it's such an easy thing to do!