[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13450] Visualize electron density during formation of a water molecule

Michael Hale hale.m... at live.com
Thu Jun 4 14:10:05 UTC 2020

Great! Thank you. I'll look into those options and hopefully mess with it
some more this weekend.

Is there much of a hobbyist community around computational chemistry? I'm a
pretty experienced software developer, but still new to this. I know there
are projects like Folding at Home which don't give you much control, and
Chemistry Stack Exchange which is more just traditional Q&A. But I'd love
to find community projects to help enhance digital chemistry textbooks with
ab initio quantum MD animations of common reactions and such.

I actually first tried this during a weekend a couple of years ago. Here
was the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foG5LgFYb2o

I finally revisited it a week or two ago. I thought maybe just my initial
conditions needed to be tweaked, but then I realized my simulation set up
had deeper problems, haha. Thanks again for your help. I hope to post an
update again soon.