[CP2K-user] AIMD under PBC

Abedi, Mostafa mostaf... at brown.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:47:38 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to perform AIMD for a periodic system containing 8 CH4
molecules. Everything goes well, but after a few hundred steps, methane
molecules start to leave the box. This is really strange behavior because
the simulation is running under PBC and if one molecule leaves the box, one
of its images must enter through the opposite face with exactly the same
way and direction. But this is not happening in my simulations. So, it
seems PBC is not working. I believe something is wrong in my input file,
but I can not figure out what it is. I greatly appreciate it if someone
could help me to fix this issue. Many thanks.

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT methane
  RUN_TYPE MD
  WALLTIME 1000000