[CP2K-user] Wrong position of copper atom when calculating CO2 adsorption

yulei wang mada... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:21:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to calculating CO2 adsorption on Cu(111) Surfaces. I use
implicit poisson solver to explore the influence of electric fields. But
there are some very strange results. The copper atom in the top layer and
under the C and O atom always fly off the surface of the structure. Which
make the CO2 cannot be adsorbed on the surface. The location of the copper
atom is really strange, so I want to ask is that normal (from some papers,
I find CO2 should be adsorbed and Cu atom should not fly off, like the
picture) .

[image: from paper.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
 I attached my input file and the result I got. And how can I modify my
input file to avoid this situation and get a reasonable result.

Please give me some help. Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,
Yulei Wang