[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12777] Negative frequencies in vibrational analysis

sumit agrawal sumitag... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:39:07 UTC 2020

Hi Lucas Lodeiro,
Thanks for your response. Actually I want to do vibrational analysis in the
matrix such as Ar and N2. So basically I want to make a cubic cell of the
Ar or N2 and i want to put my molecule of interest inside this cube. So can
you tell me what is the exact procedure to do such kind of calculations?
Should I have to make a cubic cell first then optimized first and after
optimization of this cubic cell I have to put my molecule of interest
inside this and again I have to optimize this system? or simply should I
make a system of interest and optimize this.

And one more inquiry I want that my interest in systems has less than 100
atoms so should I have to apply PBC of such kind of systems?

Thanks, Sumit