[CP2K-user] Convergence with CUTOFF

coko312 cok... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 14:20:34 UTC 2020

Thank you very much both of you for these answers!

Indeed I can reduce the size of my box to 10 Angstroms ; for one Na+ ion
and a CO2 molecule, I need to use 12 Angstroms. So I am confident now that
nothing is crazy with my simulation, but I guess I need a little more
computing power and parallel simulations.

For a single Na+ ion, it works also very well with lower EPS_SCF (1.E-8).
However, with this EPS_SCF I have some difficulties in making the SCF cycle
converge with one Na+ ion and a CO2 molecule. I suspect it is due to the
initial position of my CO2 molecule. What would you use as a reasonable
distance/orientation, and how many iterations of the geometry optimization
procedure would you expect (50, 100, 500 ... )?