[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14320] Re: Graphene problems with hybrid functional

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 23:14:11 UTC 2020

Hi Fabian,

I tried using a reduced cutoff of 4.0, and it works well with eps_schwarz
1e-6. The problem appears when the cutoff is higher than 6.0, in that case,
I reduced the  eps_schwarz until 1e-12, but the problem was the same, no
differences. I try reducing the eps_pgf_orb from 1e-6 to 1-e-8 and it work
without problem, and value of eps_schwarz did not change the result (a
difference of 1e-5 in energy or less). Thanks for your advice, it impulses
me to get insight of the eps keywords.

About the auxiliary basis set, I agree, cFIT3 is the smallest one and is
not the best choice, but I have to deal with very big systems where the RAM
is not enough, and I need to speed up the calculation using small basis
sets, as the DZVP-SR-MOLOPT... If tis calculations converges in a day or a
couple I will test with bigger basis sets.

Regards
Lucas Lodeiro