[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12212] Re: Spin Polaization in Kohn-Sham calculations

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Sep 12 11:29:07 UTC 2019

Hi

the renormalization is just information from the initial guess.
The superposition of atomic densities can result in initial
densities that are not representing the requested spin state.
A rescaling is used to fix that. As you can see in the output, all
of this happens before KS interations start.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland