[CP2K-user] Seeking for recommendations of running AIMD with transition metal surface

Nam Tran trann... at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 02:08:27 UTC 2019

Dear Marcella,

Thank you a lot for your quick reply

You can try to speed up the convergence by changing the smearing
> temperature and the initial guess.

I did test with different initial guess. I will try change the smearing
temperature. However, I wonder if there is any typical range of the
electronic temperature? I addition, is there any way to compare the
electronic temperature with the smearing width in VASP or QE ?

The performance can be improved by optimising cholesky method and the
> distribution over processors.

I have checked the cholesky methods and come up with the default one.
Please tell me which keyword I can control this processors distribution and
is there any general procedure of testing this ?

Please consider that Ni has magnetic properties.

I am scare of that too. I did turn on the spin-polarized calculation and it
significantly increased the simulation time.
I only want to investigate the absorption energy of some molecule. Is it
acceptable to check if the absorption energy
does not change much and only use the non-polarized calculation ?

Sorry for putting a lot of questions and thank you so much for your time

Regards
Nam