[CP2K-user] Seeking for recommendations of running AIMD with transition metal surface

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 14:59:09 UTC 2019

Dear Nam,

I would say that the behaviour you observe is perfectly normal for a metal.
You can try to speed up the convergence by changing the smearing
temperature and the initial guess.
The performance can be improved by optimising the cholesky method and the
distribution over processors.
Please consider that Ni has magnetic properties.

Regards
Marcella