[CP2K-user] Seeking for recommendations of running AIMD with transition metal surface

Nam Tran trann... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:34:34 UTC 2019

Dear CP2K users and experts,

I am trying to perform some optimizations and AIMD simulations with a metal
transition system (including a graphene layer on top of a Ni (111)
surface). However, the SCF convergence is very poor, I have to reduce the
mixing alpha to 0.02 in order to make it converges (my input and output
files are attached below.). Because of this small mixing value, my MD step
requires ~38 SCF circles. So I am looking for possible solutions to make
the SCF converges better and reduce the simulation time.

I appreciate any advice and recommendation.

Best Regards
Nam Tran