[CP2K-user] Toolchain script finds "openblas-0.3.5.tar.gz" yet tries to unpack "OpenBLAS-0.3.5.tar.gz", causing an error

David Gunter da... at davidgunter.com
Thu May 16 21:45:55 UTC 2019

>From the latest git repo, I run the toolchain script to install the third
party tools and libraries. I'm on a cluster that is blocked from using
wget, curl, etc. so I have to download all the packages manually and place
them in the ./build/ directory. This is fine until
script/get_openblas_arch.sh is called. It successfully finds
openblas-0.3.5.tar.gz but errors when it tries to unpack it.  Here is the
offending code.

echo "==================== Getting proc arch info using OpenBLAS tools
===================="
# find existing openblas source dir
openblas_dir="$(find_openblas_dir)"
# if cannot find openblas source dir, try download one
if ! [ "$openblas_dir" ] ; then
    if [ -f openblas-${openblas_ver}.tar.gz ] ; then
        echo "openblas-${openblas_ver}.tar.gz is found"
    else
        download_pkg ${DOWNLOADER_FLAGS} ${openblas_sha256} \

 https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/archive/v${openblas_ver}.tar.gz \
                     -o OpenBLAS-${openblas_ver}.tar.gz
    fi
    tar -xzf OpenBLAS-${openblas_ver}.tar.gz
    openblas_dir="$(find_openblas_dir)"
fi

The fix is easy enough, just replace "OpenBLAS" with "openblas" everywhere.