[CP2K-user] Weird behavior for Lagrange Multipliers

Alejandro Ramos ar26... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 11:30:05 UTC 2019

Dear CP2K community,

I'm performing a constrained MD simulation to use later the Lagrange
Multipliers to compute the force along some reaction path. I'm constraining
the distances between all atoms in a 33 atoms molecule. However, if I
compute the norm of the vector formed by all Lagrange Multipliers in each
step, I get the behavior shown in the plot attached. This norm
monotonically increases during the simulation and reset itself when I
continue the run using a restart file, and of course  you can see the same
pattern replicated if I compute the force along the reaction path. I expect
that the norm of the Lagrange Multipliers should show some equilibrated
behavior and not have this jumps every time I continue the simulation with
the restart file. Does anyone have a clue why is this happening? What could
be wrong in the input file?

I'm attaching the graph showing the norm of the Lagrange Multipliers, time
scale is in picoseconds, and Lagrange Multipliers units are in Hartree/Bohr.

I'm also attaching the input file.

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro.