[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11285] About energy change for the AIMD equlibration process

Krack Matthias (PSI) matthia... at psi.ch
Mon Feb 18 08:11:55 UTC 2019

Hi

The H2O-32.inp input is part of an input set to benchmark the scalability of CP2K. Thus, it was designed in a first place for such purpose. The input settings are not optimal for liquid water simulations using DFT (see recent CP2K papers on water for better simulation protocols). Second, the initial configuration was retrieved from an MD run using TIP5P. Though that configuration might be a reasonable initial guess, it has not been equilibrated for the selected DFT setup, e.g. TIP5P implies a fixed molecular structure for all water molecules, which will cause significant structure relaxations and thus energy fluctuations during the first ps. That is most likely the reason for the observed drift and not the cp2k installation.

Matthias