[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12608] Ideal and single determinant S**2

jiapeng Liu sunta... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:26:56 UTC 2019

May I ask what is the meaning to have half electrons with alpha spin?
According to my understanding, in the BS section, the real electrons
with alpha spin is calculated as (7+4)/2=5.5 where 7 is the outer
electron numbers of Co? And the electron with beta spin is (7+1)/2=4? Am
I correct? I do not understand how the 5.5 electrons go? Thank you very
much.