[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12608] Ideal and single determinant S**2

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 14:07:01 UTC 2019

Dear Elham

for a configuration Co(2+) low spin, it is enough to remove the 4s, Why are
you adding the 3d?
Anyway, these settings are just to guide the initial distribution of the
orbitals' occupation.
The density matrix is always rescaled in order to ensure the correct
(integer) number of electrons per each spin channel, before the actual
electronic structure calculation is started.
Best regards
Marcella