[CP2K-user] generating basis set for GTH-PBE-q10 potential

Geng Sun sungen... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:15:52 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I am planning to use CP2K to simulate Pt with the GTH-PBE-q10
pseudopotential.
While I found that there is no basis set available for Pt q10 in the
CP2K/data folder.

So, what is the proper way to generate the basis set or does any literature
already reports the basis set?.

After reading the tutorial on CP2K website,  there seems two sections
related: CP2K/ATOM, and CP2K/OPTIMIZE_BASIS.
I am not sure where I should start with.

I will greatly appreciate any comments and help on this.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Geng