[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11571] generating basis set for GTH-PBE-q10 potential

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Apr 17 08:01:22 UTC 2019

Hi

we have different options available to generate basis sets within CP2K.
However, all of them also require a large part of manual invention.
There are no black box schemes.

Method 1: optimize the exponents of a Gaussian basis with the atomic code for a given
          reference state (see tests/ATOM/regtest-2/Ru* for examples).
          You have to choose the number of Gaussians per l quantum number, atomic state, ...)
          Calculate the contraction coefficients and generate additional functions using a
          recipe from quantum chemistry.

Method 2: as in 1 but calculate the contractions from a atomic response calculation. (Ru_basis.inp)

In 1 & 2 you might want to add polarization functions that are not available through atomic calculations.

Method 2: MOLOPT basis sets. This requires extensive calculations on test molecules. you can see an example in
          tests/QS/regtest-optbas

best regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland