cp2k build intel compilers

Alfio Lazzaro alfio.... at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:32:13 UTC 2018

Hello  Stanislav,
I would suggest starting with a minimal CP2K installation, i.e. without any
major library, lust MKL (with FFTW) and IntelMPI.
An arch file would be:

CC       = cc
CPP      =
FC       = mpiifort
LD       = mpiifort
AR       = ar -r

CPPFLAGS =
DFLAGS   = -D__MKL -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel \
   -D__SCALAPACK
CFLAGS   = $(DFLAGS)
MKLROOT = <path to MKL>
FCFLAGS  = $(DFLAGS) -O2 -g -traceback -fpp -free \
           -I$(MKLROOT)/include -I$(MKLROOT)/include/fftw
FCFLAGS2  = $(DFLAGS) -O0 -g -traceback -fpp -free \
           -I$(MKLROOT)/include -I$(MKLROOT)/include/fftw
LDFLAGS  = $(FCFLAGS) -static-intel
LDFLAGS_C = $(FCFLAGS) -static-intel -nofor_main
LIBS     = $(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64/libmkl_scalapack_lp64.a \
-Wl,--start-group  $(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.a \
$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64/libmkl_sequential.a \
$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a \
$(MKLROOT)/lib/intel64/libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.a -Wl,--end-group \
-lpthread -lm

# Required due to memory leak that occurs if high optimisations are used
mp2_optimize_ri_basis.o: mp2_optimize_ri_basis.F
$(FC) -c $(FCFLAGS2) $<

Concerning the compiler, please take a look at this page

https://www.cp2k.org/dev:compiler_support

Intel 17.0.2 is not tested by CP2K people, so I'm not sure if it works. It
would be better to use 17.0.4 or 18.0.3. They are both well tested...
The best would be to run the CP2K regression test.

Assuming that everything works fine, then I would move to include other
libraries (libxsmm, ELPA, LIBXC, Libint).

Cheers,

Alfio