[CP2K-user] Constrained DFT (CDFT) Errors

Brian Day 22b... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:52:10 UTC 2018

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to get the calculation running by decreasing the box size (I did
not initially realize that the memory scaled that quickly with box size, I
thought it was mostly impacted by number of atoms). I do get some warnings
though, which I was hoping you might be able to explain.

When running the CDFT calculation for one of the states, I get the
following:
 *** WARNING in pw/pw_pool_types.F:470 :: hit max_cache ***

When I try to run a calulcation for the electronic coupling integral, I get
the following set or errors:
 *** WARNING in mixed_cdft_methods.F:1192 :: The usage of SVD based matrix
***
 *** inversions with fractionally occupied orbitals is strongly
***
 *** recommended to screen nearly orthogonal states.
 ***

 *** WARNING in mixed_cdft_methods.F:1241 :: The number of alpha electrons
***
 *** is not constant across all CDFT states. Calculation proceeds but the
***
 *** results will likely be meaningless.
 ***

 *** WARNING in mixed_cdft_methods.F:1245 :: The number of beta electrons
***
 *** is not constant across all CDFT states. Calculation proceeds but the
***
 *** results will likely be meaningless.
***

Lastly, this is an error I have gotten with almost all of my charged state
calculations that I do not know how to handle:
WARNING: S**2 computation does not yet treat fractional occupied orbitals

The files from the CDFT calculation set can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k3D-cNtOUmJSxW4lzVrC_d7Zu9uTtn_O (Also, I
just noticed that I didn't call the restart files correctly, so I will be
fixing that and repeating the run, in case that is the cause of any of the
above issues).

Thanks again!

-Brian