[CP2K-user] Binding Enery Curve for Si-S bond

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:42:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

I just want to point out that the 'correct' answer depends on your level of
theory - model chemistry Gaussian would call it.

In this case you are likely to do better to calculate the thermodynamic
dissociation energy from the total molecule and the individual fragments.
To get the dissociation curve can be even harder, you probably want a
symmetry broken UKS solution and DFT really struggles. There is a very
recent thread with similar comments from Matthias Krack on a not dissimilar
system.

Matt