[CP2K-user] LiC6 Geo Opt (Metallic System)

kamalpreet... at gmail.com kamalpreet... at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:30:48 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a geo_opt with a LiC6 system that I got from the
materials project website. Due to the metallic nature of this system, I am
struggling with getting the system to converge. I have tried applied
smearing and  playing around with the temperature and also tried using a
larger size (5X5) periodicity. However, I am unable to get the system to
converge and I end up getting a distorted structural output with bonds
being broken and atoms being pushed apart. I am new to computing materials
and would really appreciate some feedback to resolve this issue. I have
attached my input, structure and output file. Thank you for your help.

Best,
Kamal