[CP2K-user] SCF convergence in md slowing down

Daniele Fontanari danielef... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:39:54 UTC 2018

Hello, I notice an issue when I perform an MD run on a large system.

I have that the first steps are fast but they get slower and slower (from
the timing in the .ener file), in the output I notice that the SCF run take
more and more steps to converge.
If I stop my calculation and restart it from the restart input file the
times go down again.

I added an extract from my ener file:

md calculation starts at step 2036 (restart from an existing WFN file),
first step take a little more than the subsequents ones. Until 2332 we see
the time increase, then I stop and restart CP2K and times go down again

if I grep "SCF run" from the output you have the results in grep_out, and
the whole output in raw_out. in md.inp and step.xyz the necessary files for
running the md simulation (minus the WFN file) (If you prefer I can attach
the restart file, but it is less readable)

Does anyone see something wrong in my input file or know the issue?

Cheers

Daniele