[CP2K-user] [CP2K:10911] Re: cutoff convergence problems

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Nov 7 13:29:44 UTC 2018

Hi

my energy was with converged SCF, initial guess (SCF=1) is about 16.5 a.u.
The change in energy from 249->250 is about 0.005 a.u.
This is because of the discrete FFT grids. With 249 Ry you get a grid with 200 points,
with 250 Ry you get 216 points.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland